NAVTA is committed to promoting, increasing, and maintaining diversity, equity and inclusivity in our membership, leadership, and the veterinary nursing/technology profession.
The goal of the NAVTA DEI Committee is to promote the value of DEI throughout the veterinary nursing/technology profession including but not limited to race; ethnicity, gender; sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender presentations, religious or political beliefs.
The NAVTA DEI Committee is charged with:
- Developing programs, position statements, and policies to promote inclusive environments in veterinary nursing/technology where everyone will feel welcome, comfortable, safe, respected, and valued regardless of their race; ethnicity, gender; sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender presentations, religious or political beliefs.
- Reviewing and updating existing NAVTA policies, procedures, print and electronic resources to include NAVTA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Providing relevant DEI information to the NAVTA Executive Board, committees, and task forces that contribute to the diversification of the applicant pool and the removal of barriers to membership and participation.
- Creating or compiling educational material and resources for use on the NAVTA website, social media channels, and printed materials to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Creating materials to encourage underrepresented groups to enter the profession.