This policy applies to all persons (“Users”) who use any NAVTA-operated websites including, but not limited to, http://www.navta.net and all other publicly available online services provided by NAVTA (“Services”) using any web browser from your computer, tablet, phone, or other appliances that can browse the Internet. (“Devices”).
NAVTA may collect and process the following information:
- Contact information, which is provided when corresponding with NAVTA by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information provided when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on websites.
- Membership information, pertaining to your membership including name, contact details such as address, phone number and email addresses, birth date, job title, and any other information related to your membership. Membership information may be provided during the registration process by you or your employer on your behalf.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made either in-person or via our Website. Purchase information will include payment information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
- Certification information, relating to certification programs, in which individuals are granted certification if they meet specified educational requirements and/or pass required exams.
NAVTA collects Personal Information in several ways
- When you provide it directly.
- When you provide permission to other organizations to share it (such as Facebook or Twitter).
- When it is collected through websites or apps.
- When you have given it to a third party, and you have provided permission to pass on your information.
- From publicly available sources (where possible) to keep information up to date (e.g. the Post Office’s National Change of Address database).
Each time you visit NAVTA’s website, NAVTA will automatically collect the following:
- Information about your visit, including pages viewed or searched, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Location information that you permit your device to send.
Types of cookies used on our website
The NAVTA website features three types of cookies, session cookies, permanent cookies, and third-party cookies.
Session cookies (or temporary cookies) are attached to your computer or mobile device when you visit and browse the NAVTA website. Session cookies are stored only until you leave the website or close your web browser. These session cookies are used so that you can continue using the website without losing anything in your shopping cart.
Permanent cookies do not stop when you leave the website or close your browser. Permanent cookies permit the website to recognize your computer or mobile device again when you return to the website using that particular computer or mobile device, so you don’t have to log in again.
Third party cookies are installed on the NAVTA website by organizations other than NAVTA, for example, through advertisements or banners for third-party products or services present on the website. Third party cookies are also present in the social media “buttons” found on the NAVTA website such as for LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. NAVTA uses Google Analytics cookies to track information about your visit to the website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How you can block or restrict cookies
You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer or mobile device and prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences each time you visit the NAVTA website and some services and functionalities may not work.
All major browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari, allow you to change cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the options or preferences menus of your browser.
You can change the user settings in your browser to prevent storing cookies on your device. More information about cookies can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html.
Do not track
NAVTA does not currently employ a process for responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers. As a result, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use NAVTA websites and services.
What NAVTA does with your data
NAVTA will process your data, including Personal Information, to do the following:
- Deliver or inform you about products/services/information that you have purchased.
- Deliver or inform you about products/services/information provided as a part, or benefit of your membership.
- Notify you of new member benefits added during your membership
- Inform you of when your membership is scheduled for renewal
- Offer you related NAVTA services/products.
- Notify you of partnerships and partner offers that may add value to your membership.
If you are in the European Economic Area, please note that your data is being transferred outside of the EU, to the United States.
NAVTA uses the data to better understand the Veterinary Technician community, improve marketing, and develop relevant new services/products.
Disclosures for legal purposes
NAVTA reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information or other information collected through its websites and services if NAVTA is required to do so by law or if NAVTA believes that the disclosure is necessary in order to (a) fulfill a government request; (b) to comply with legal process served on NAVTA; (c) protect NAVTA’s legal rights or property; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health or safety of the Users of the websites, or the general public.
When using NAVTA websites and services, you may:
- have your data updated and amended if it is incorrect, out of date, or incomplete.
- restrict how, or if, your Personal Information is collected and/or processed.
- ask us to erase your data at any point and be forgotten.
- ask us to provide details of your Personal Information data that we hold.
You can do this by contacting us using the contact information provided at the end of this policy. To protect your Personal Information, we will need to verify your identity before we can speak to you about the data or act on your instructions.
How long your data kept
NAVTA will store your Personal Information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights. Consistent with these requirements, if you wish to cancel your account or request that NAVTA no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at email@example.com
How data is protected
NAVTA secures your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Personal Information you provide is secured on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. As with any data stored in a digital medium, there is no absolute guarantee of security.
How you can access and change information
NAVTA acknowledges that you have the right to access your Personal Information by updating your account profile or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting NAVTA to remove data, it shall be completed within a reasonable timeframe.
Upon request, NAVTA will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You can update or correct your Personal Information or remove it from our system by making a request to us at the contact information provided below.
Links to third-party sites and services
Websites may contain links to third-party websites, applications, and services not operated by NAVTA. These links are provided as a service. NAVTA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party provider including Websites or Services directly linked to our Websites or Services. Please review the privacy policies of any third-party site that you link from NAVTA Websites or Services.
Last Updated: July 27, 2021