Who can join?
NAVTA welcomes anyone in the veterinary industry, including credentialed veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, veterinarians, educators and students.
NAVTA offers great benefits to our members!
Aside from being your industry voice to the public, NAVTA offers these and other great benefits:
- Receive The NAVTA Journal and NAVTA e-newsletter
- 20% membership discount if you are a specialist or member of your state association
- 20% discount on Vetlexicon, the worlds largest online clinical reference source, provided by Vetstream. In addition, NAVTA members can receive a free, 30 day trial!
- 20% off FearFree Certification
- Discounts on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, tours, Broadway and Las Vegas Shows!
- Discounts with Embrace Pet Insurance
- 10% discount on all online purchases at www.scrubidentity.com
- $5.00 off David Liss offerings
- Complimentary membership with VetCheck - the amazingly simply veterinary communications software!
- 5% discount on Disability Insurance through VetInsure
- 20% discount from PetPlan Pet Insurance
- 50% discount on annual memberships with TrustedHousesitters
*Members - click here for full access to member benefits and discount codes*
Need to renew your membership? Please sign in (at the top of the page) with your username and password and click the option to renew your membership
An Active Member* is a veterinary technician who has graduated from a program accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and/or is licensed, certified or registered as a veterinary technician. Active members are entitled to vote and hold an elected office. Active members must live in the United States. Annual membership dues are $50. Discounts are offered to state association members and Veterinary Technician Specialists.*No refunds are permitted once the application has been made and processed. Membership are based on a calendar year, dues are not prorated, no exceptions.
An Associate Member* is anyone who is not eligible for Active Membership, but is interested in the Association's goals. Associate members can serve on committees but may not vote or hold an elected office. Associate membership is open to veterinarians, veterinary technicians who reside outside the USA and veterinary assistants. Annual dues are $50 for associate members.*No refunds are permitted once the application has been made and processed. Membership are based on a calendar year, dues are not prorated, no exceptions.
A Student Member** is anyone enrolled as a full time student in an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program and is entitled to all benefits of an Associate Member. Student dues are $25 annually.**No refunds are permitted once the application has been made and processed. SCNAVTA dues apply to the unit as a whole and cannot be reduced, transferred or discounted. No previously paid NAVTA Membership dues will be applied towards or transferred to SCNAVTA Chapter dues.
If you have questions about your membership application or renewal, please click here and complete the membership inquiry form.