Petplan Seeks Candidates for Sixth Annual Veterinary Award
Monday, May 02, 2016
Petplan Seeks Candidates for Sixth Annual Veterinary Awards
Pet insurance provider calls on pet parents, veterinary professionals to nominate pet health heroes
Newtown Square, PA (April 27, 2016) – Petplan has announced that it is accepting nominations for its 2017 Veterinary Awards. Now in their sixth year, the awards recognize outstanding veterinary professionals from across North America who routinely go above and beyond the call of duty.
The pet insurance provider is calling on veterinary clients and professionals to share the stories of pet health heroes who deserve an extra round of “appaws” by nominating them for one of the following:
- Practice of the Year
- Veterinarian of the Year
- Veterinary Technician of the Year
- Practice Manager of the Year
- Receptionist of the Year
- Pet Parent of the Year
Those stories will figure prominently in the selection process as organizers read through thousands of nominations in search of just six semifinalists per category. Semifinalists will complete a rigorous application process; an independent judging panel of esteemed veterinary professionals will then select three finalists per category.
Finalists are to be announced in October and invited to attend the Petplan Veterinary Awards Dinner, where the winners will be announced. The exclusive black-tie gala will again be hosted at Orlando’s Four Seasons Resort on February 4, in tandem with the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) Conference. Winners will receive a prize package that includes cash, prizes and a donation on their behalf to a pet-related charity of their choice.
Past winners have stood out not only for their professional accomplishments, but for their demonstrated commitment to pet health and contributions to their respective communities:
- 2016 Practice of the Year Metzger Animal Hospital in State College, PA received multiple nominations, but the judging panel was most impressed by Dr. Fred Metzger’s leadership and investment in his staff, the variety of services offered and the practice’s commitment to community involvement.
- 2015 Receptionist of the Year Bob Gauthier from Red Mountain Animal Hospital in Mesa, AZ was nominated by a pet parent who was impressed with his professionalism and caring manner with distraught pet parents: “This clinic and Bob are heads above any of the other veterinary professionals we have visited, and their care and attitude are priceless.”
- 2014 Veterinary Technician of the Year Megan Brashear was honored for creating and delivering training initiatives for both DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital and its veterinary staff training website. She also teaches pet first aid classes and gives lectures on veterinary topics, both locally and nationally.
Visit www.gopetplan.com/vet-awards to learn more about the Petplan Veterinary Awards and previous winners.
Petplan is more than a pet insurance provider. We’re dedicated to giving pet parents the support, resources and tools they need to keep their pets not just surviving—but thriving—into old age. Simply put, we aim to be the kind of company that will make our pets proud. For the third consecutive year, Petplan was listed among the top 50 of Forbes' annual ranking of America’s Most Promising Companies – a list of 100 privately held, high-growth companies with bright futures. Petplan is the only pet insurance provider to have been included on Inc. Magazine’s list of 500 fastest-growing, privately held companies in America.
Petplan’s fully customizable cat and dog insurance policies provide comprehensive coverage for all hereditary and chronic conditions for the life of the pet as standard. Petplan policies are underwritten by AGCS Marine Insurance Company in the U.S. and by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company in Canada. The Allianz Group was rated A+ by A.M. Best in 2015. For more information about Petplan pet insurance, visit www.petplan.com or call 1-866-467-3875.